I’ve had a recent spike to like, oh I don’t know, maybe 15 people. 15 whole people!! WOW! And I wondered, why are these people visiting here so much when before I’d get like…2…in a week?
All I can say is…for shame you little perverts. For shame. You looked up this post thinking I was going to write about losing my virginity with all the titillating details. Heheheee…guess that backfired, didn’t it?
So maybe I’m just going to start putting in tags and categories about hardcore porn. Oh, and other people were searching for Black Jesus.
*sigh* NOT that it ACTUALLY matters, but Jesus probably wasn’t Black. Or Swedish. No, being Jewish by blood, he probably looked….Jewish, Semitic even… And no, Mary wasn’t black either…the Black Madonna is black for an entirely different reason, and she has appeared to people as whatever race or nationality she’s trying to get a message across to, further underscoring that:
WHEN IT COMES TO FAITH RACE DOESN’T MATTER!!!! derp.
That is my rant for today. Just sick of the people who are “insulted” when God doesn’t fit into whatever ethnic box they’d like to package him in – be it Jewish, Black, or White as white can be.
All that aside, I have something awesome to say.
It turns out on Wednesday that there were 2 turn arounds!!!! 2!!! 2 women changed their minds at the abortion clinic, and chose to not kill the life within them, to not send themselves down a very hard, tragic, and devastating path.
2 women!!!! I was there to see the last one, although I wasn’t sure if it was her or not, so I didn’t want to assume. Yesterday, I got confirmation that there had, indeed, been a second woman who decided not to.
Perhaps I had better start from the beginning. So, I joined other people on Wednesday on the sidewalk outside 320 Fulton. The weather was HORRIBLE yet beautiful. It was raining those big heavy drops that weigh what seems like 12 pounds, and even though it was close to noon the place looked like night.
There was a protester this time, a young man about my age, carrying a sign saying we’re harassing people, and abortion should be safe and legal. The usual. Luckily he wasn’t up to shouting at us, but just tried to look stern as he blasted Michael Jackson out of his ancient pocket radio. (There’s going to be an observation later about this man, and society in general…)
So we took our places and began to pray the rosary underneath our umbrellas, and we get the news that earlier, a woman had come over to the wall and had talked with our counselors.
I should explain about this wall- the “clinic” is set into one of the hills of Grand Rapids, and has a street entrance and a back entrance where people park. While the building has one floor clearly above ground, the parking lot is recessed into the hill. Its technically above ground, but you can’t see the parking lot easily from street level.
Right next to the clinic is a post-abortion retreat house run by a pro-life group, which is aimed at helping women to heal after an abortion- it has counselors, beds, kitchens, you name it, it has it, and its very tastefully done. I took a tour there and I have to say it is one of those places you feel that you could go to heal- and that even in a group you’re afforded privacy. (Man have I some observations about that one, too…)
I think that if the “clinic” hadn’t designed their building to have the recessed parking lot with a giant wall in between them and the rest of the world, they certainly chose it with this in mind.
Anyway, the woman who was coming to abort walked up to the wall between the two properties, desiring to talk with the counselors. The young man protesting did his damndest as we often say, to make sure that she couldn’t talk to the counselor- physically coming between the two.
I guess I heard he did the same with the second woman as well. But in the end, both of these women heard what the counselors had to say (there’s financial help, women’s shelters, you name it we have a little of everything) and both of these women decided not to abort their children.
Even though so many other women have, and continue to do it, REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD! That is at least 4 lives not devastated, maybe possibly even 6!
And you know what I saw as the last woman was leaving the clinic? She was smiling. SMILING. You never see a genuine smile on the faces of women who go through with the abortion after they get out. Afteward, they’re full of pain and anguish and its obvious.
What an amazing thing, that inspite of all that evil going on that day, some good came out of it.
And now for Observations.
- On that last Wednesday, as I gathered with all the other people with their Rosaries out, I felt almost like I was in church. You had music, prayer, and people gathered together. But it struck me how odd that it seemed a parody of church. The music, although catchy, was cacophonous because it competed with the sound of women (and a couple of men) praying. It was also incongruous. Every woman coming into that clinic looked dejected, resigned, hopeless, and sad. A few looked angry. And here was this young man protester, blasting out the happiest music! There was even some Soul, which normally makes me happy. You can feel the sadness radiating from this place, and you can feel the hatred directed at you as you pray.There was no love, except what the group of people shared. There was hate, cacophony, and a sickening feeling even as I rejoiced that one woman had turned away. It occurred to me then that abortion clinics are Satan’s cathedrals.
No, I’m not attempting melodrama, or going off on a “I am a praya warriah!” spiral into insanity, I really mean this. Look- there’s all the images of a church- music, prayer, emotion. But the music doesn’t soothe, the prayer is drowned out (although, seriously dude, do you think our God will not hear us?) and the emotions are all negative except for those of us dissenters. Even then, its hard to keep a happy heart. There’s no love, just hate radiating from that non-descript building.
- Observing the young man, I find that he represents something very screwed up in our society. For one thing, he is a man advocating for abortion, when more and more women are coming out against it. This is not the stereotype I grew up with. For another, and on a grander scale, he represents something deeply wrong about all society that accepts abortion. He claims he wants abortion to be “safe”. SAFE? Even if you take away the fact that another human being is being killed, Abortion is not safe at all. The instruments are not often clean and sterile! Pieces of the fetus often end up floating around in the womb, causing septic infections! And then cancer rates go up! Not only that, but no matter what type of abortion you have, the chances of a future miscarriage skyrocket! And don’t get me started on the psychological issues that CAN and WILL happen.
- Something else the behavior of the young man pointed out to me is that for a society that pays so much lip service to “choosing” (and nobody likes to elaborate what choosing means) they do their damndest to make sure that there is no choice. How many times have you heard that mantra? You know what, for many women, there really is no other choice that they can perceive, because for one thing, we’ve been brainwashed into believing that there is no choice! And when we try to choose, when we try to become informed, we have organizations like Planned Parenthood lying about the basic development stages of a baby! Because, after all, a person couldn’t possibly be tiny. No, must be a friggin alien hiding in your womb. Worse even than this dishonesty, access is blocked to pro-life organizations. Access is blocked to other information, or any true information for that matter. Ever wonder why there are so few pregnancy shelters for women who are struggling? Funds are blocked! And for what? So that women can have a choice. Really? Really? You take away our women’s shelters, you don’t provide help to struggling families, you make it clear that you will fire us if we become pregnant, and mothers everywhere are treated to derision and disrespect. How the hell is that a real choice??? That young man DID HIS DAMNDEST to block access of 2 women to counselors, simply because they were pro-life. He shouted. He intimidated. He harassed. We prayed. WE counseled.
- Another observation, especially after speaking with post-abortive women, is that that “clinic” that cathedral of Satan, is there to kill a child, and nothing more. The doctor is cold, methodical, and does not care about the women after its done. They have had numerous botched abortions, just like any other clinic, they do not sterilize well, and they certainly do not provide sufficient medical help after the abortion. According to one post-abortive woman who I read about, she was not even offered a ride home, EVEN AFTER SHE BEGGED. There is no mention of psychological help after abortion, there is no real counseling. The “counseling” consists of getting this or that woman to believe its her only ‘choice”. After they have your money, and have done the procedure, its done. They know that they aren’t really a hospital, so why bother with healing?
- Finally, I notice that the women who do change their minds have a smile on their face. Its a nervous one, a shell-shocked one, but its a genuine one as well. It isn’t merely a stretching of the muscles and skin- there is light again behind the eyes. The women who go in, who don’t change their minds, walk in with no hope, just despair, anger, and sometimes hatred. And they come out even more defeated, exhausted, despairing, ach ing. And there is not a single “pro-choice” organization that helps them after.
Its ridiculous, sad, and horrifying. The majority of these women do not want abortions, but instead are coerced by family, friends, schools, and societies, not to mention doctors! The vast majority of these women think that this is their only choice! And its no wonder! Its what we’ve been told.
But here’s the thing, and I hear it all the time- ” But there aren’t enough women’s shelters. You guys only care about the baby not being aborted. Why don’t you do more?”
Let me tell you-
We are doing all that our little minority can! Yes, there are hundreds of millions of problems we need to deal with so get off your ass and actually help, damnit! Seriously! You want to cite the wreck that is the adoption system as why we “need” abortion? And then you want to tell me that you wish abortions would go down? Start writing letters, protesting, doing everything you can to reform that system!! You want to cite that pregnant women can’t get ahead in the work force, that we’ll all just be fired? Get up off your arse and change the law! If it used to be that women couldn’t hold jobs, and now we can what the hell is stopping us for lobbying for the rights of woman at all her stages of life??? You want to cite any number of other issues that you think make us need abortion?
Here’s a novel idea! Quit whining. Get informed. Get off your arse. AND HELP US OUT FOR GOD’S SAKE!
We’re doing all that we can, but until everyone gets up and does something there is only so much we can humanly do!!!
MEN- step up and be a man! You played an adult game, now you have adult consequences. Be a father!
Women- start listening to your heart, and to hell with everyone else!
Parents: Don’t you dare disown your daughter because of this. Make it clear that she is your daughter, whatever she does, and that every family member is loved! That includes the fetus, which is LATIN FOR BABY!!
Churches: Catholic or Protestant, I’m seeing some disturbing trends. Stop pussyfooting over “controversial”, stop being such cowards, get out there, proclaim the truth, AND SUPPORT SINGLE PARENTS OR HELL, EVEN REGULAR FAMILIES!!
most of all: churches, priests, pastors- don’t waffle on the truth, but don’t waffle on the merciful part of truth either.
And for everyone- quitcherbitchin and actually do something. That includes you, Mr. I-think-a-radio-has-the-power-to-drown-out-prayers.
Again… you think our God can’t hear us because of a radio?